Purchasing in the cloud is one part of an approach towards risk management for insurance companies which provides security and protection against potential future failures.
Insurance companies are better able to serve their customers and clients when the backend issues of running their business and keeping their offices and agents supplied with materials, brochures, calculators and other items for conducting business are kept in good supply. Cloud purchasing helps to streamline these processes and keeps the insurance agents focused on what they do best, expanding their book of business.
Many insurance companies have been seeking new and innovative approaches to the traditional and costly deployment of IT and software infrastructure. Purchasing in the cloud provides many benefits, some of which are realized immediately and some are played out over the first few months of implementation.
Benefits of cloud software:
- Reduced risk implementation: this shifts the risk of bringing in new marketing materials and the uncertainties associated with them. The software allows for close monitoring of existing supplies, order timing, and delivery tracking.
- No infrastructure to be constructed: cloud-based purchasing software can be implemented in just few days up to a few weeks depending on the modules required and the amount of people involved who need training. Without investment into fees for professional installation, not to mention any other hardware, servers, and infrastructure costs, cloud-based software is often easier to begin having no huge capital expenses on the front end.
- Purchasing in the cloud becomes easier to implement and integrate the different modules with the existing systems. Out of the box software often requires costly customization to get it to the point of becoming effective. Cloud software is already set to customize by choosing only the modules you need.
- Purchasing in the cloud helps insurance companies to reduce costs and improve applications and different business processes.
- When insurance companies purchase in the cloud the cost savings can then be passed onto their clients and provides a competitive advantage in the changing market.
- At the basic level, cloud purchasing also enables insurers to reuse the IT resources in a more efficient way for other needs within the company.
- Cloud software also opens up new opportunities for insurers as to how they create and deliver products and services.
- Purchasing in the cloud allows insurance companies to break new ground with innovative practices.
Thus we can say that if an insurer utilizes cloud purchasing, they can construct a more customer specific and flexible business plan, providing higher profits and attain higher performance in the industry.
It won’t be long before purchasing in the cloud will simply become the way things are done in insurance industry. If you are not yet taking advantage of these options, contact us today for a free trial and discussion on how cloud purchasing can help your business.